Re: Oracle 7.3 on Win95 - Batch file problem

From: Adrian Shepherd <Adrian.Shepherd_at_BTINTERNET.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 18:05:49 +0100

Use the Dos version , not the windows version, i.e. on NT4.0 I would use plus33.exe instead of plus33w.exe to get around the same problem. Batch files will start windows exes in another window, whilst old dos commands are run in the same VM and will have to finish before the next command is read.

Hope this helps. Not too sure how similar NT and 95 are in this respect.

Dan Norris wrote in message <6kfch8$aa5$1_at_sky.net>...
>This has very little to do with Oracle (except that they might have
>changed the behavior of sqlplus). I had the same problem and solved it
>by using the DOS 'start' command with the /wait flag. Try running 'start
>/?' at any DOS prompt to see it's options. That might help you.
>
>Dan
>
>hooperce_at_aol.com (Hooperce) writes:
>
>>I am running multiple 'sqlplus' statements in a DOS batch file - each
dependent
>>on the prior finishing before it runs. On Oracle 7.2, I had no problem.
Now,
>>with 7.3, each sqlplus executed immediately issues a child (PLUS33)
process and
>>goes on to the next sqlplus statement BEFORE the prior process finishes.
Is
>>there an Oracle parameter I can set to overcome this or is there a tricky
DOS