New Oracle Mailing List

From: jared still <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 14:30:49 GMT

For those of you that have become frustrated with the current Oracle-L mailing list, I have good news.

There is a new Oracle-L mailing list!

Due the frustrations that I and others have had in trying to use the Oracle-L list lately ( lemme see, messages over about 200 lines rejected, messages delayed for weeks at a time, the server down for several days; need I go on? ) I have created a new Oracle-L.

I sent mail to the owner of the Oracle-L list at dbinfo.com, detailing the problems experienced lately. I proposed setting up a new list that has none of the limitations of the one at dbinfo.com, as well as having the benefit of administration by one of the largest ISP's in the Pacific Northwest ( USA ).

To date there has been no response from the list owner, so I'm forging ahead anyway.

If there is enough interest in the list, ( eg. subscribers ) I will continue to maintain it.

Maintenance does not entail too much on my part after the initial setup. The software is maintained by my ISP of choie, Teleport in Portland, Oregon USA. There is not too much for me to do other than deal with bounced messages.

Details on subscribing may be found below.

Info for the Oracle mailing list

     if you subscribe from your account joeblow_at_myspot.company.com,
     and your machine name changes to 'newspot', you will not
     have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the list

  This is an important feature as many of us rely on oracle-l   for timely, informed help.

to subscribe:

   send 'subscribe oracle-l' in the body    of a message to majordomo_at_teleport.com

for detailed instructions:

   send 'help' in the body of a message    to majordomo_at_teleport.com

to write to the list owner:

        send mail to oracle-l-approval_at_teleport.com

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;) jkstill_at_teleport.com Received on Wed May 27 1998 - 09:30:49 CDT