OO4O / all_catalog problem ?

From: Bill Dietrich <bill_dietrich_at_wayfarer.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 17:47:40 -0700

I have an application doing a query
"select owner, table_name from dba_tables order by owner, table_name".
Works fine both through Oracle Objects For OLE (OO4O) and in SQL*Plus, when logged in as a user who has "select any table" privilege. Takes about
30 - 40 seconds to run (we have a slow server, and Oracle Apps is installed,
so about 4000 tables).

Then I realized it WON'T work for users who don't have "select any table" privilege.
So I changed the query to
"select owner, table_name from all_catalog
where (table_type != 'SEQUENCE') order by owner, table_name".

This works fine through SQL*Plus (takes 30 - 40 seconds to run), but when
run through OO4O, never returns (something else times out after 5 minutes).
I'm still logging on as the same user (who has "select any table" privilege) every time.

Any idea what could be going on ?

Thanks,

Bill Dietrich
bill_dietrich_at_wayfarer.com Received on Tue May 26 1998 - 19:47:40 CDT