Accessing User tablespacedata without System tablespace

From: Robert Zapfel <zapfel_at_krazap.at>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:02:52 +0200

My database crashed and the only file I could salvage was the datafile of my tablespace - where my data actually is stored in.

By now, I have the data, but I cannot access it. I tried to create a new database instance, created an empty tablespace, did a shutdown, replaced the tablespaces datafile with my old one and wanted to start up Oracle.

It comes up with 'datafile has wrong database ID'. Also this cannot funtction, because if I succeeded I would have a mounted online
tablespace, but no dictionary referencing to the tables in it (which is in system tablespace)

So I need some utility to reconstruct Oracles Data Dictionary - if such a tool may exist.

If someone has alreade experienced my situation or knows any tool to reconstruct an Oracle database if you only have the datafile where your data is stored in - please let me know.

Robert Zapfel
Krapfl & Zapfel OEG
zapfel_at_krazap.at Received on Tue May 26 1998 - 04:02:52 CDT