Re: "alter database backup controlfile to trace" leaves out Character Set

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 22:15:38 GMT

On Mon, 25 May 1998 13:10:27 GMT, johnvue_at_gte.net wrote:

>When doing an "alter database backup controlfile to trace",
>the CHARACTER SET is not in the generated "create database"
>statement.
>
>Does this matter?

"ALTE DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE" does not create any "CREATE DATABASE ...." statements. It creates "CREATE CONTROLFILE ..." statement, where CHARACTER SET is not an option, as it references an existing database.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 17:15:38 CDT