Oracle8 Exp/Imp question

From: Don <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:40:59 GMT

Is it possible to do a table export from Oracle8 (NT 4.0) and use that EXPORT.DMP then do an import into Oracle 7.3.3 (win95)?

I've used the EXP80 provided in Ora8 to create the EXPORT.DMP file. During the import, using imp73.exe, I keep getting IMP-00010 "not a valid export file, header failed verification" message on the V7.3.3 side.

When I look at the EXPORT.DMP file in a hex editor, I immediately see that the first line contains the version stamp of the database from which the export was created.

Thx

Don
email: dondealy_at_teleport.com Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 11:40:59 CDT