PROBLEM: Open Cursors

From: Jorge Pereira <jcp_at_inescn.pt>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:05:53 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Oracle Server version 7.3.3.3 on a IBM RISC 6000 with O.S. AIX 4.1.
My clients run applications developed with SQLWindows 5.0.3 in WIN95 and connect to server
through routers (supplied by oracle and another layer supplied by GUPTA). The problem is that after some time of runing the applications, some cursors (sometimes 30..70) stay opened on the server after i close ALL the clients.
I have tested in Sybase 11 for the same applications and this server closes all the cursors. I've simulated power failler in clients (turn off power with applications running) and this server (sybase) close all open cursors. This isnt true for Oracle Server.

Thanks in advance!

    Jorge Pereira Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 09:05:53 CDT