Re: How to insert a record in Oracle

From: Jason Bock <jrbock_at_execpc.com>
Date: 1998/05/24

E-Mail: jrbock_at_execpc.com
Home Page: www.execpc.com/~jrbock
VB Info: www.exepc.com/~jrbock/vbinfo.html G Vaidhyanathan wrote in message <01bd85ea$6f4cfd80$9ba185ce_at_default>...
>Hello:
>
>I'm trying to insert a new record in a oracle database from a VB 5.0 form.
>This is all done in Win95 O.S. oracle v 7.2, VB 5.0
>
>I tried so many things but nothing seem to work.
>
>Can anybody lend me a piece of code that does this.
>
>Thanks in advance
>-Ganesh

Are you using RDO or any other database objects? Passing in the right SQL to get the insert going?

You should be able to:

  1. Create an RDO connection with the appropriate parameters to access the right database.
  2. Write the correct SQL code ("Insert into...") to write to the table.
  3. Use the Execute method to insert the data.

Jason Received on Sun May 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT