Re: A lost redo log member

From: Mick McRae <Mick.McRae_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:20:09 +1100

Hi,

I think you just have the syntax slightly incorrect;

Try,
alter database drop logfile member 'full path and filename';

alter database add logfile member 'full path and filename' to group x; where x is the group number - you can get this from select * from v$logfile;

Once the member has been added, the status will still be invalid until the log is actually used.
If you want you can use;
alter system switch logfile;
to force a log switch to confirm things are OK. You may need to do a few log switches to make the invalid group/member the current log group.

Hope this helps
Mick