newbie installation problem

From: Rich Carpenter <richc_at_iei.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 12:13:10 -0500

In trying to install Oracle 7.3.2.2.1 Workgroup Server on an NT Server 4.0 machine, I get about 75% through the process and get the following error:

    oemtab10.ins(35): FILE_NOT_FOUND while changing directory to D:\ORANT\SYSMAN\ADMIN     Can someone please help me out with this one? My steps during installation are as follows:

  1. [Language dialog] - Select English
  2. [Oracle Installation Settings dialog] - Company Name = Rich Carpenter, Oracle Home = D:\ORANT (directory did not exist prior to installation)
  3. [Oracle 7 Workgroup Server dialog] - Select Database Server option button
  4. [Internal Credentials dialog] - Specify & confirm password for starter database 'internal' account
  5. [Information dialog] - Confirm installation requirements (database that will host the repository must be online, if it is a local database it must be accessible via SQL Net V2 or IPC, etc.)
  6. [Repository Create and Drop dialog] - (4 options) Select "Create Enterprise Manager Repository", Don't select "Drop Enterprise Manager Repository", Select Create Performance Pack Repository", Don't Select "Drop Performance Pack Repository"
  7. [Repository Credentials dialog] - Specify a username, password and database name (have tried both omitting the database name and specifying a non-existent database name. When database name is omitted, the default <LOCAL> is used)

At this point it begins the file copy and system setup portion of the process. As I said, after about 75% completion, I receive the above-mentioned error.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Received on Sun May 24 1998 - 12:13:10 CDT