Re: What does this mean?

From: Allan Speir <r31055_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 14:55:37 +0100

This is a formatting command within SQL*Plus. The a15 tells SQL*Plus to allow 15 characters to display the output from the column site, the a stands for alpha numeric (I think). The contents of the column in the database remains unchanged the comand affects the format displayed for the SQL*Plus session only. The SQL*Plus manual has a description of each of these formats and the other commands you can use to 'pretty up' your output.

Regards,

Allan