Is there any smart way to do the following thing ?

From: Jose Luis Perez Garcia <perezjl_at_mx2.redestb.es>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 13:09:45 +0200

Hi everybody !!

We have a Dev2k Form that makes a query based on a parameters that the user can select. The query can return a great number of rows, so we want to guess the cardinality of the query before throw it.

Is there any smart way to do it ?
SELECT count(*) ... it doesn't seems very efficient !! We are working with Oracle 7.3.3, maybe working with histograms ?

I'll be very grateful with the all your solutions !!

Thanks in advance !!

Kind Regards from Barcelona.

PD
Please post me the reply also by e-mail

 Jose Luis Perez Garcia || jlpg_at_geocities.com
                          || perezjl_at_mx2.redestb.es
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/4148/  http://www.redestb.es/personal/perezjl/
    ____  __    ____   ___   | Enginyer Tecnic
   (_  _)(  )  (  _ \ / __)  |   en informatica