Newbie help...NT & oratcl

From: Michael P Collins <mc7f+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:35:13 -0400

I've been bashing my skull against this for the past day or so and I'd be appreciative of any help I can find at this point.

We've designed an oracle database on Solaris with Oratcl as a front end, and now we're trying to move it over to Oracle on NT. So, we set up te Oracle server on NT and after much frustration we've been able to get it to talk to one of our Solaris boxes, the one that we were previously using as our oracle server (and is still active, we're using different service names, et al). We've been able to talk through both SQLplus & oratcl. Wonderful.

We haven't been able to get anywhere with our second Solaris box, the one that doesn't have oracle installed on it. We've been able to talk to the Solaris server without any trouble, but we can't make any connections to the NT server. This gets more peculiar because, looking at the NT server logs, it appears that it's granting the connections, but when I try to use oralogon, it tells me that it fails.

Any suggestions, pointers or hints for NT setup or NT/unix communication?