Creating new SID

From: Prashanth <lagisett_at_commos.com>
Date: 22 May 1998 21:12:44 GMT

Hi,
I followed the steps mentioned in the document they provide to create new database,
and ran into a strange problem. When I try to do a startup nomount it says that
cannot start already running oracle!! okay at this poing I tried to do a shutdown and it says not logged on!!
All the environment variables are set correctly!! ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_SID
and I've even tried setting the NLS_LANG any help in this matter is welcome
Regards,
Prashanth. Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 16:12:44 CDT