Re: Question about two oracle server exchange data automatically

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:47:54 GMT

If you want to work with trigger you have to have to create a database link first.
The things in brackets replace with your names. Then you can access the tables in your trigger code with <table>@<link name>. Attention: the tnsnames.ora on the server must have the entry for the other server! Example
create database link my_link connect to scott identified by tiger using 'solaris';
insert into emp_at_my_link values (111, ...); select * from emp_at_my_link;
mfg
Andreas Prusch