7.3 server / SGI hw

From: Luis Díez Porres <0768495198#luis_at_cuende-asociados.es>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:35:02 +0200

First of all, thanks for reading this...

I have an Oracle 7.3.2.3.0 Server running over a SGI's Origin 200 (IRIX 6.4).

I come from NTs, and although Oracle may say so, installations over UNIX are VERY different.

I know I didn't have all the SO installed correctly, I missed some c_dev.*, compiler_dev.* packages. So I have to install them, re-install/compile the db and re-create my systems.

But right now, I'm able to have the db running properly, but locally. I cannot start some importat services: agent, listener, sqlnet... serious, isn't it?

If anyone is working in this environment, I'd appreciatte a lot some help: files to go, places to look for, whatever... Please, contact me ASAP privately: luis_at_cuende-asociados.es

Thanks.

Luis Díez
Cuende Asociados Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 05:35:02 CDT