Re: Date comparison question.

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 06:17:16 GMT

The contents of the type DATE is more then Month/Day and Year. It also contains hour, minute and second. Your default date format forces the database to convert your date without hour, minute and second, so it works. In general your program should use explizit format models like to_date('12-3-98', 'MM-DD-YY') so that you're independent of the default date format which can change an all your programs won't work any longer.