Re: help needed: dropping tables with unusual names

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 05:57:13 GMT

In default all oracle objects names are in uppercase. If you want to use case sensitive object names you have to place this object names in "". For example you want to create a table Important New with the column This is the text you have to do the following things: 1.
CREATE TABLE "Important News" ("This is the Text" VARCHAR2(2000)); 2.
INSERT INTO "Important News" VALUES('All Statements referencing the table have to use ""');
3.
SELECT "This is the text" FROM "Important News"; 4.
DROP TABLE "Important News";