problems setting up new wgs 8 db instance

From: Noah Friedland <noah_at_its.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:24:27 -0700

All,

I am attempting to set up a new instance of a wgs 8 db. I have installed the TCP/IP patch and was able to successfully connect to the default db
(ORCL) with the net8 asst. I am unable, however to connect to the new
instance however. When trying to connect in svrmgr30 I get the following errors:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-09243: smsget: error attaching to SGA
OSD-04101: invalid SGA: SGA not initialized

(I was able to connect as internal).

Please respond via email: noah_at_its.washington.edu

Thanks!

--Noah Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 15:24:27 CDT