Re: Upgrade Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 to 7.3.4 on Window NT4.0

From: Robert Hart <rhart_at_gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 14:25:36 -0600

Howdy

I did exactly what you want according to the upgrade guide. This guide tells you to delete each instance and then recreate them later after the upgrade.

The only problem that I had was with the parameter

unlimited_rollback_segments

ours was set to true. When we recreated the instance it was set to false AND the instance would not open the database because the rollbacks had no limit on extents.

It was easy to fix but it did piss me off.

l8r
Rob