Re: SQL buffer overflow.

From: Chris Hamilton <toneczar_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 16:16:05 GMT

bmolish_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I am using Oracle 7.34 on NT and oracle SQL PLUS 3.3.
>When I try to do a simple SQL query to view a table., I receive the following
>error. I receive the following error
>
>"buffer overflow. Use SET command to reduce
>ARRAYSIZE or increase MAXDATA"
>
>I have used the SET command to try to reduce the arraysize and/or increase the
>maxdata command and it doesn't seem to work.

You probably have a LONG column in the table. Try "SET ARRAYSIZE 1" at the SQL> prompt. This will retrieve one row per fetch, and not overload the SQL*Plus buffer with LONG column data.

>Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, who do I check to see what the
>Arraysize and maxdata are set to?

"show maxdata arraysize" at the SQL> prompt.

Chris

Chris Hamilton, DBA
US Army Corps of Engineers
christopher.h.hamilton_at_usace.army.mil
http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 11:16:05 CDT