Re: Moving log Files to new Drive

From: <mnatty_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:54:39 -0400

Matthew D. Heilman wrote:

> I am running out of room of one of my drives. I would like to write all my
> log files to another drive. Is there a parameter I can change to do this?
Yes. If you can afford to shutdown the database, the easiest way to do is:
Copy the online redo logfiles to the new location. Startup mount
Alter database rename file 'old file' to 'new file' Alter database open;

Once everything is fine the old log files can be deleted.

If you meant the archive logs:

Change log_archive_dest parameter in the init.ora file and the bounce the database.

Nat. Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 10:54:39 CDT