Re: Redo Log Buffer Latches

From: Mike Quist <mike.quist_at_supersolution.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:46:44 -0500

Vincent Birlouez wrote in message <356068D4.1C815CC_at_hotmail.com>...

>The Oracle tuning guide says that the ratio MISSES/GETS for redo copy
>should be less than 1%...As you can see below, my ratio is about 100% !
>In the other hand, there is only 28 gets for a whole day. I had the
>feeling that it's not really a problem. What do you think ?
>

>NAME GETS MISSES Ratio <1%
>IMMEDIATE_GETS IMMEDIATE_MISSES Ratio <1%
>---------------------------------------- --------- --------- ---------
>redo allocation 537571 369
>.0686421 0 0 0
>redo copy 28 28
>100 395943 184 .04644963
>
>Thanks.

Vincent,
I don't see a problem here since the nowait miss ratio is OK, and that is the normal mode for the copy latch acquisition.

But... the question I've had for some time now is: When does Oracle make a willing-to-wait request for the redo copy latch? Any guru's out there that know the answer to this? Thanks,
Mike Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 10:46:44 CDT