Re: Import/Export problem

From: Neil Chandler <oracle_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1998/05/20

In article <01bd8374$045b9e00$ab652ca6_at_none.mcit.com>, "Slava Krivonos" wrote:

Two considerations,

If you get the NLS_CHARACTERS wrong, when you try to restart your database it will not open, and you will never be able to open it again. So, BACKUP FIRST!!!

Secondly, I would recommend character set WE8ISO8859P1 or WE8ISO8859P9 as they are generic ISO sets and cover most cases. WE8DEC is similar but has a DEC slant to it.

regs

Neil Chandler