Re: Stored Procedure Question

From: Tommy Wareing <p0070621_at_brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/05/20

On Wed, 13 May 1998 13:13:58 -0400, "Jennifer Caudullo" <jennifer_caudullo_at_acwins.com> wrote:

>I am creating a package that one of the procedures within needs a temp
>table. As far as I am aware you cannot create a temp table in Oracle. If I
>am wrong, please let me know. So what I did was within my package, I
>created a table, inserted into it and then updated it and then dropped it.
>Here is the code. Could you please tell me what is wrong with it? My email
>is jennifer_caudullo_at_acwins.com

I've got one of these. I use a permenant table, but never commit any data to it.
So, Insert data. Update data, delete data, all within one transaction.

If two process try to write to the table simultaneously, this isn't a problem, unless there's a unique key defined, in which case one has to wait on the other...

--
Tommy Wareing
MIS Group