OSuser from Oracle - Round #2

From: Clifford Buetikofer <clifford_buetikofer_at_merck.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 15:38:51 -0400

Thanks for everyone's help but I think I wasn't clear on my original post. Multiple OS users could be updating and an Oracle table user the SAME Oracle account. Looking at v$session, I can't seem to see how to link an individual process with an OS user. I did notice the LOCKWAIT column in v$session and I guess "theoretically" only 1 user can update or delete at a time, so if grab the unique OSuser where LOCKWAIT is null... ???? Assuming during the firing of my trigger, the value doesn't change....

Is any of this possible ?

TIA,
Cliff

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.