Re: ORA-01001

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:13:41 GMT

larionov_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>I created the PL/SQL procedure, and it compiled just fine.
>But when I am trying to execute the procedure
>from SQL*Plus I am getting the error
>
>ORA-01001: invalid cursor
>
>and this error hapens where I am trying to
>fetch the cursor into the variable of type ROWTYPE.
>
>Do you know possible reasons for this error?
>The procedure seems to be very simple.
>
>Any help would be appreciated!
>
>Thank you!
>
>Michael.

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

This error can be caused by several things, but the one I have seen most often is a failure to OPEN the cursor before the Fetch ( I have seen procedures that looped through some statements, closed the cursor and then tried a Fetch again without re-opening....( the close cursor was placed inside the loop in error - )

Also check AREASIZE and MAXOPENCURSORS--

Hope it helps, Received on Wed May 20 1998 - 12:13:41 CDT