Auditing of Oracle Updates

From: Clifford Buetikofer <clifford_buetikofer_at_merck.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 07:59:20 -0400

Oracle gurus:

I'm thinking of implementing the Oracle audit process to track updates on 7 tables from basically a data warehouse database. Granted there will be very little audit data generated, but I'm worried about the audit tables filling up because I think(?) they are in the system tablespace. I suppose I could monitor the data and flush out the old stuff. I'm not really concerned about performance issues in auditing of the update process because it occurs so infrequently. ( 1.5 % of the dataset).

Has anyone found the Oracle auditing process to be "better" than say a trigger-type of solution ?

TIA Cliff Buetikofer

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.