newline in sql

From: <adpctre_at_umassp.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 14:26:27 GMT

Hi,

 Can anyone tell me how to eliminate carridge returns in sql? I'm outputting a file using sql. One of the fields is varchar2(2000) and frequently contains carridge returns (hex '0D'). This is forcing the output to a separate record, which I don't want.

 What I'm thinking is to eliminate the CR in the output file, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I tried translate(field,hextoraw('0D'),'something else'), but the hextoraw doesn't seem work at all.

  Thanks in advance.