setting v$session.program via OCI?

From: <bracher_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 23:42:53 GMT

help...

does anyone out there know how to set the program field in the v$session view via the OCI?

all of my OCI code shows up as

        ? @oahu (TNS V1-V2)

making it difficult to track which applications are currently connected.

the Oracle-provided programs seem perfectly capable of doing it, sqlplus and the Oracle win32 ODBC drivers correctly set the field, so there must be an interface to it somewhere...

in the dejanews 'old' archive I was able to find a few references to the dbms_application_info pl/sql package for setting values in v$session, but I don't have this installed, so this can't be what Oracle folks use to set it...

any ideas?