SQL*Net through firewall with NAT

From: Lutz Rabing <lutzrab_at_omc.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 13:27:09 +0200

we just moved an oracle database behind a firewall with NAT (network address translation). the firewall is completely open, but does translate "real" IP's to the public address range 192.168.1.xxx

everything works fine except SQL Net. we can't establish ODBC connections to the database. I think the listener returns the public IP (192.168.1.xxx) to
the client. Is there a way to return the real IP to the client?

any suggestions

LutzRab_at_omc.net Received on Sat May 16 1998 - 06:27:09 CDT