Re: Import/Export problem

From: Steve Miller <smiller_at_gers.com>
Date: 1998/05/15

Yacov,

  I'm not very familiar with what you were initially trying to do, but as far as your question of modifying the .dmp file directly, you won't be able to do that. Assuming you can't export again to get your "create statements" for modification, I've had fairly good luck using strings against the .dmp file and then re-directing into a another file - which I then modify to re-create the object.

  for example:

     strings my_table.dmp | egrep -i "create table" > my_table.sql

  I then vi my_table.sql, modify the table create statment and/or storage, and then use that to create my table in the database. I'll then import my_table.dmp and ensure I specify ignore=Y. That should do it. I'm not sure if this answers the initial question, but I hope it helps. If I "missed it", let me know and I'll take another shot.

Steve

Yacov Wolfowicz <yacovw_at_ecitele.com> wrote in article <355B2F58.6CA8846C_at_ecitele.com>...