Re: HELP! US7ASCII error during install

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 23:43:26 GMT

On Fri, 15 May 1998 13:45:36 GMT, sremente_at_csc.com <sremente_at_csc.com> wrote:
>I am trying to migrate our Oracle 7.2.3 from AIX 4.1.5 to AIX 4.2.1 During the
>Oracle install I get "US7ASCII is not a valid character set". Has anyone
>gotten this before? Are there things I can check to help determine the
>problem?

The character sets are determined by the ORA_NLS32 environment variable. If you want to use other than US7ASCII, set it as your install guide suggests (ie, $ORACLE_HOME/occommon/nls/admin/data on some platforms).

You have (well, some people hack) to determin the character set at database creation time. It sounds like someone created yours under US7ASCII, and now you are trying to restore data files to a database created later?

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry jgarry@nospameiq.com
"See your DBA?"  I AM the @#%*& DBA!     Remove nospam to reply.  Sorry.