Re: Can anyone help me to find a junior DBA?

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 23:32:34 GMT

On 14 May 1998 22:18:50 EDT, DLEUNG <Dleung_at_cris.com> wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I know this is not ba.job.offered newsgroup,
>but I know if I post a job requirement here.
>I will get some people actually interested in Oracle stuff.
>That is why they read this newsgroup.

You will also upset many people that think this is already too crowded.

>Because if I post the job requirement in
>normal ba.job.offered, then a lot of people (may not be good people)
>will reply.

That is what cdo.marketplace is for.

>I actually found out a lot of candidates just say they like to
>learn Oracle DBA role on unix platform, but refuse to
>learn a little unix.
>I found out training certain people on Unix seem to be
>impossible.
>A lot of people just don't like command line.
>
>And I really hope not to hire someone will actually do
>a rm * and
>then I end up have to restore back the database.
>
>-----------------
>I am looking for some good person to work with me.
>
>Good unix skill is required.
>
>A junior role for Oracle DBA in a around 500 employees
>company headquarter in Cupertino.
>
>I am NOT a headhunter myself.
>I am the DBA lead there.
>Unix Platform Sun solaris 2.5 and 2.6 and
>1 to 1.5 years of Oracle DBA experience.
>
>Even if you know SYbase, I might consider.
>Unix shell scripts , korn and perl.
>40 Gig database and around 8 to 10 test instances.
>It is a very free environment with very friendly people.
>
>A lot of freedom to learn, training classes will be provided
>for the right candidate.
>The company has given me an opportunity to learn so much within
>1.5 year.
>Company is also very very generous in hardware, like disk space.
>You got your own instance to learn stuff too.
>
>THe job require 24x7 support, though the database is so stable,
>nothing happen at midnight.
>You will be doing the shift with me.
>I never got paged after 10:00PM. Pretty stable.
>
>THere are more detail, if anyone is interested in this opportunity
>to learn more dba skill for your bright Oracle DBA career.
>Please send your resume thru email to me:
>
>My name is Dominica Leung
>
>dleung_at_cs.ucr.edu

Please do not post job ads in comp.databases.oracle.server. You may post job ads in comp.databases.oracle.marketplace. Please cancel your mispost.

The Oracle hierarchy is explained in the group charters. These are at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry/oraclech.htm

jg

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry jgarry@nospameiq.com
"See your DBA?"  I AM the @#%*& DBA!     Remove nospam to reply.  Sorry.