Student SQL question

From: NChan50315 <nchan50315_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 May 1998 13:58:13 GMT

  1. In what cases is there a need to convert a number to a string or a string to a number. Could you give some practical examples?
  2. Once a table is created, a column in that table cannot be deleted, or a datatype of a column cannot be changed, the tablename cannot be changed (as far as I know). Is there a reason? What other modifications cannot be done to a table structure. I guess this is where views become handy.

Thanks very much. Please forward a copy to my address. Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 08:58:13 CDT