[Q] about oracle binary and sql*net.

From: ktlim <ktlim_at_lgtel.co.kr>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:52:50 +0900

hi there.

I have two Unix server. server A is installed oracle binary and server B isn't installed oracle binary.
I made a pro*c program in server A.This program is connected server A database by sql*net.
and then, I copied this program (the binary file compiled in server A) server B.

I executed this pro*c program in server B. It didn't work in server B. once say again, server B
didn't have oracle binary including sql*net. I tried and tried to find why this program didn't work.
finally, I found the problem. To connect server A by sql*net, pro*c binary needed all the file of
'~oracle/ocommon/nls/admin/data' directory and environment variable ORA_NLS.
So, I copied all the file of that directory from server A and set ORA_NLS environment variable.

Now pro*c program works very well.

I finally come to a conclusion server B need not oracle binary. Is this conclusion right? I don't know this conclusion is right or not. I need your helping.

thank you. Received on Fri May 15 1998 - 02:52:50 CDT