PLS/Excalibur vs. Oracle Text Cartridge

From: Wai dat Chan <waidat_at_flirble.org>
Date: 1998/05/14

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience of both using the Oracle Text Cartridge and either PLS or Verity text datablade.

If anyone could provide me with a brief comparison of the two, or pros and cons/limitations I'd be very grateful.

We currently use PLS indexing on about 5000 records, each with about 1k -> 7k worth of text. Speed is a priority.

Ta lots,

Wd. Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT