Re: Calling a remote function

From: Njål A. Ekern <n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: 1998/05/14

John Oldfield wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Oracle 7.3 and I have a question that the Oracle team in my
> company couldn't help me:
> How can I execute a function that is defined in a package which is located
> on a remote database (we can assume there are no privilige problems)?

I'm not sure if it's possible. We had problems with a procedure, we had to work around. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's meant to be impossible to call procedures over a database link.

We created a table in the remote schema, with 1 row. Then we created a trigger on that table. The trigger calls the procedure.

Njål Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT