Documentation ???

From: Tanya Injac <tanyainjac_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: 15 May 1998 03:46:14 GMT

The fact is the instance recovery is not clearly documented, at least not in the manuals I have.

The other possible solution might be: no dirty buffers are written to the disk without log buffer being previously flushed to the file. But, that contradicts with the fact that DBWR can write dirty buffers if the threshold is reached for the dirty buffers or there are no free buffers or time-out happens ( found in Oracle Server Concept manual 7.3 (chapter 9-7)). It does not say anywhere that writing of dirty buffers on the disk causes the flushing of the log buffers.

I would like to hear opinions of the other people.

--
Tanya Injac
Oracle Developer/DBA

Umar FArooq <umar.farooq_at_cressoft.com.pk> wrote in article <355ADCE8.A5A3FE20_at_cressoft.com.pk>...