How to sync. sequence number and SQL*Loader input?

From: Zeus Ng <zeusng_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:40:56 +1000

I have a table which got a numeric field. The value is obtained from a sequence number.

Table TBLA (F1 number(8,0), F2 varchar2(50)) Sequence SEQ1 min. 1 increament by 1

Usual update method
insert into TBLA values (SEQ1.nextval, 'XXX');

Now, I want to use SQL*Loader to load data (from another system) into this table. Can I instruct SQL*Loader to use the sequence number? If not, can I use the MAX function from SQL*Loader to insert the records first and sync. the sequence afterward?

Zeus

To send reply via mail, remove nospam from address Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 21:40:56 CDT