Stored Procedures and Result Sets

From: Thomas Boyd <tboyd_at_outerbay.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:02:41 +0100

This question is more appropriate for a java/jdbc forum, but I thought that the
more general question of returning result sets from PL/SQL procedures might get answered here:I

I am attempting to write JDBC calls to Oracle procedures that include Oracle PL/SQL arrays (Oracle actually calls them PL/SQL tables).

The package specification might look like:

    create or replace package foo_pkg is

        type num_arr is table of number index by binary_integer;

        procedure foo_proc (p_number_array in out num_arr);     end foo;

Can I call this procedure from JDBC? What datatype/object will be passed for
p_number_array?

This really relates to the problem that we have logic that is too complicated
to embed in a query or a view, and we cannot return a result set from an

Oracle PL/SQL procedure. If we cannot use arrays, does anyone have an alternative solution for returning multiple rows from an Oracle procedure?

Thanks,

   Tom Boyd Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 06:02:41 CDT