Re: Creating snapshots to avoid ORA-01555?

From: <larionov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 15:55:22 GMT

Thank you!

The worst thing about ORA-01555 is that for some reason it takes quite a few minutes for Oracle to "decide" that "snapshot too old". During this "a few" minutes the entire server becomes very slow. Is it a known effect of ORA-01555?

About creating snapshots. You are probably right! Using updatable snapshots will certainly even increase the rollback segs consumption, which would result in worse condition.

By the way, can it help if I forse all the small inserts to use one and the same rollback seg?

Misha.