Oracle 7.0.16 on AIX 4.2.5

From: <%username%_at_mincom.com>
Date: 14 May 1998 01:49:50 GMT

Hi,

Anyone ever tried to run 7.0.16 on AIX 4.2.5

I have 2 boxes in the US running 7.0.16 on AIX 3.2, these systems need to be transferred to Australia against 7.3.4 on AIX 4.2.5. The new boxes are unable to run 3.2 and I would prefer not to FTP and export file due to time constraints.

My original idea was to write a tape in the US and ship over to extract. FTP archive logs over and roll forward till the cut-over.

This is a bit difficult with such different versions of Oracle.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andrew. Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 20:49:50 CDT