sga & shared memory

From: Richard cummings <rich_at_ns.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:27:52 -0700

I recently moved into a job that includes administering a unix system running Oracle. I am trying to learn about the system setup and monitoring Oracle to make sure it runs efficiently. I remember reading or being told that the Oracle sga should be contained in one shared memory segment. Is there a problem if the sga requires several segments to hold it? Does it hurt performance? Should I change the unix shared memory parameter to allow a larger size, and rebuild the kernel? Thanks. Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 20:27:52 CDT