Sizing/Tuning

From: Sunit Patke <supatke_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:15:58 -0400

We are using a HP box (K series) with 6 CPUs and 2GB RAM. This system is

primarily used for OLTP kind of application developed in PowerBuilder.

Software was developed by third party and most of the SQL is dynamic. The load on the system varies from 100 to 750 users (concurrent). We have installed MTS.

We notice the folloing:

We re in the process of tuning this system.

My questions are:

Is there anyone out there operating a similarly sized system? Has anyone else faced similr problem?
What are your init.ora parameters?
Did you make any changes to HP-UX kernel parameters?

Thanks

Sunit Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 13:15:58 CDT