Re: slow queries with Crystal Reports to Server

From: Helmut Hahn <Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:57:30 +0200

John Stoffel wrote:

> snip
> Any and all help or hints would be appreciated. Please try to email
> me, since I don't always get the chance to read this newsgroup.
>
> John
>
> John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Fluent, Inc.
> jfs@fluent.com - http://www.fluent.com - 603-643-2600 x341
> Geological time is not money. - Mark Twain

Although I do not understand all actions you did, I assume that your problem is Crystal 5.0.
I guess that there are selection formulas used to select the relevant rows out of the datapool.
And thats the problem with Crystal 5.0: it does not use the specifiacation in the selection formula in the query! This means you try to get all rows out of your DB to CrystalReports and Crystal
slecets the one needed on the client!

Try the SQL statement of the Report in SQL*Plus as it is in the report and with the additional where
clause which should come from the selection formula!

I can say that in Crystal 6.0 this big problem is solved.

Hope this helps

Helmut Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 02:57:30 CDT