Multiple Instance on 1 Server?

From: Darren Mallette <khs_riderx_at_geocities.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:02:33 GMT

Hello,

I've got a Novell server running Oracle 7.3. Does anyone have information or references for doing the following (if they can be done in the first place):

  1. Creating an additional instance (2 in total) that would mount 1 database on the same server.
  2. Creating an additional instance that would mount a different database (ie. 2 instances each with a separate database -- on the same server).

Would I need Oracle Parallel Server to do either (both?) of these options? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Darren

--

Remove the "x" to reply. Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 12:02:33 CDT