Lock in Redo Log Files ...

From: K Raghu <kraghu_at_india.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 16:23:57 +0500

Hi,

I have Oracle 7.3.3 on HP-UX10.20. The application is a client server system.

A few days back, I had a media failure in the hard disk that stores the datafiles and redo log datafiles. I got the system up after installing the new hard disk and backing it up from the latest available backup. After recovery, the users reported that their data was lost; I then decided to recover from the redo log files and altered the database to do that. Then the users reported that the data is current but they were not able to do any transactions. On querying the v$lock table, I found that there is a lock in the redo log file. I shutdown the database issuing ABORT command as otherwise the DB was not coming down. I restarted the DB but I found the lock being present. I do not know how to
come out of this weird situation. Any suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Raghu Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 06:23:57 CDT