Re: Backup stuff

From: Peter Graversen <pegr_at_novo.dk>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:51:54 +0200

The Oracle 7.3 manual says:
To Recover From Loss of an Active Online Redo Log Group: ..... If the database was in ARCHIVELOG mode, incomplete media recovery must be performed.....recovering up through the log before the damaged log. So you will loose the data in the active redolog file. What you should do is to have more than one redolog member in each group on separate disks to eliminate a single point of failure.