oracle bckgnd processed

From: Umar FArooq <umar.farooq_at_cressoft.com.pk>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 13:07:22 +0500

Hi!
I need to know how PMON, SMON and other background processes work. I would like to know the internal details of the working of each process and how they interact. Oracle Concepts MAnual and ORacle Server Administration Guide just give a cursory introduction of each process esp. PMON and SMON but not their detail working. Could someone guide me where (web sites prefered) I could find related info.

Thx in advance..

reply by email
umar.farooq_at_cressoft.com.pk

Umar. Received on Wed May 13 1998 - 03:07:22 CDT